Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 8 - July 12th - By Gabrielle

Our final day of performances in Legnica was today. We had breakfast as usual around 8 in the morning (even after the late night of final festivities), then we had a quick siesta, and blocked our dance in preparation. After a wonderful lunch, we decided to stop by the huge mall and pick up some medical supplies because my roommate and myself were slightly ill and food for the eight hour bus ride the following day. 

That afternoon, we frantically began to put on our costumes because we seem to be always caught by surprise by how little time we have left before call. However, we managed to get into the bus. What can we say, we are Polish. The performance was incredible. The stage was set in the middle of the city next to two massive cathedrals. The street where the stage was set up was packed with people to watch. Even though our pilot was concerned by our 'lateness', when we got there we had to wait there for another two hours. As our director says, "We have to hurry up and wait." So, we ate ice cream (just had to be careful I didn't drop it down my dress again).

The performance was excellent and I didn't see any terrible falls, which is impressive because the stage is super slick and the fog machine was blinding. We took our final bow and left to go to the hotel and eat our final meal. I felt incredibly feverish in the middle of zurek, and pani Joanna suggested it might be worse than a typical cold. My mom took me to the hospital and the doctor diagnosed me with severe strep throat. Yeahhh. She prescribed me medication and I am thankful that Poland has well stocked apteki. 

Completed packing and fell asleep.

-Gabrielle













No comments:

Post a Comment